A picturesque mountain town nestled near Aspen, Snowmass offers the best of both worlds for families. From events and concerts to dedicated adventures specifically designed to keep kids on their toes, you’ll never hear that dreaded complaint “I’m bored” again. Here’s a snapshot of Snowmass’ best family-friendly attractions and activities.
Popular Snowmass Family Friendly Activities
Whether your family is in the mood to spend time outdoors or learn something new, Snowmass has you covered. Get inspired to spend quality time with your little ones with these family-friendly activities.
When it’s time to burn off all that extra energy, consider exploring Snowmass’ breathtaking terrain in one of the following ways:
- Fun in the water: Between rafting and kayaking, Snowmass has plenty of safe, fun opportunities to make a splash.
- Hiking and biking: Take a leisurely hike on the family-friendly Ditch or Nature Trails or grab a quick bike rental and explore the Snowmass Bike Park for breathtaking views.
- Ice skating: If you’re visiting in the winter, take advantage of free skate rentals at Snowmass Base Village Plaza or visit the Snowmass Village Ice Rink.
Indoor Learning and Fun
Take a break from the outdoor activities and explore all there is to do indoors in one of Snowmass’ year-round attractions. Here are a few of the most popular Snowmass family activities to do:
- Ice Age Discovery Center: Take a trip back in time and visit the world’s finest Ice Age-era fossil found to date: the Snowmastadon.
- Slopeside Lanes: See who can knock down the most pins and shoot for a perfect 300 at Snowmass’ indoor bowling alley.
- Snowmass Village Recreation Center: Fitness classes, kids day camps, and pool parties are just a few of the features offered at the local rec center.
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center: View local historical works of art, let the kids get creative in a workshop or mingle with artists at this 5-acre center dedicated to the arts.
Stonebridge Kids: Skiing Fun for All in Snowmass
Snowmass offers a variety of skiing opportunities for children of all ages and skill levels. Stonebridge’s ski-in/ski-out feature makes skiing accessible and fun for the little ones and convenient for parents.
Hideout Children’s Center
Offering a unique ski learning experience for children ages 2-6, the Hideout Children’s Center at Buttermilk gives kids a safe and fun place to develop their skills on training slopes as well as interactive indoor activity centers. The center also offers daycare for little ones ages 8 weeks through 4 years with reservations highly recommended.
When it’s time to let the kids play so the adults can have some alone time, the Snowmass Treehouse is the perfect spot. This 2,300-square meter facility combines ski lessons and nurturing childcare in one convenient location.
Exciting Family Friendly Events in Snowmass
There’s no shortage of limited-time events in Snowmass whether you’re visiting in summer or winter. Choose from indoor and outdoor events that your family will love and, best of all, most are free! Fun event options include:
- Santa’s Village: The holiday season means it’s time for Snowmass to transform when Santa’s Village and its carolers arrive. Become entranced in the holiday spirit and enjoy the spectacular sight of Snowmass lit up in lights every December.
- Free concert series: Summertime in Snowmass is when you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy free live concerts, local food and a family fun zone with face painting, hula hooping and a bounce house.
- The Après Music Festival: A newly founded Aspen springtime tradition, this music festival brings a variety of musical talent to Buttermilk.
- X Games: Kick off your winter celebration when you visit the X Games, the world-renowned snow sports extravaganza where you can watch the earth’s best athletes compete to win the gold.
Throughout the year, guests can enjoy a variety of walks and tours hosted by local attractions, such as the Moonlit Trek & Dinner and Snowmass Ice Age Discovery Hike.
Family Friendly Cuisine: Snowmass Restaurants
Mealtime is a family time in Snowmass and there are plenty of family-friendly restaurants from which to choose. The Artisan Restaurant, Two Creeks Cafe and Big Hoss Grill are just a few of the breakfast spots families in Snowmass love to visit before hitting the slopes. For lunch and dinner, Slice of Italy, Snowmass Kitchen, and Elk Camp Restaurant offer a variety of cuisines to suit any taste.
With so many dining options, activities and events to choose from, it’s no wonder Stonebridge Condominiums has become a top destination for families of every size.